(January 15, 2018
Buying a home or selling the place you have is more than just a major lifestyle change; for many people it’s the largest financial transaction they will ever undertake. This month I have some valuable
tips that provide sellers with ways to get the most out of your Open House. These small tips will have big impacts to help us on our journey to sell your home.If you’re thinking about buying or selling soon, or know someone who is, it’s important to lean into the knowledge of a local agent who can guide you through the process, and you know that I am always here to help. Here are some ways to show your homes best side to potential buyers:
6 Steps to preparing for an Open House
1. Hire a cleaning service. A spotless home is essential
2. Mow your lawn and be sure toys and yard equipment are stored away. Clear snow and ice off sidewalks and driveway in the winter.
3. Serve cookies, coffee, and soft drinks. It creates a welcoming touch…but be sure the kitchen has been cleaned. Use disposable cups so the sink doesn’t fill up.
4. Lock up your valuables
5. Turn on all lights and lamps. Even in the daytime incandescent lights add sparkle
6. Send your pets to a neighbor or take them outside. If that's not possible, crate them.